Sunday, August 23, 2009

my cars fucked up

So my uncle and grandfather and his friend are all working on my car. And men folk are quite interesting.... Idk how else to explain it but there are some ritualistic things men do that I cannot relate to. I tried to go outside for a bit to show my appreciation for them fixing my car but hell I have the slightest idea whats wrong with my car nor how to fix it...so yeh I am not good at middle-aged/older black man jargon. Wish I was cause that would definitely bridge the communication/generation gap between my grandfather and I. But its ok, they know I am a lady and well I guess I will take my ass in the kitchen and cook or something,lol. I already cleaned. I am all for women's rights but in my opinion there are some roles I dont mind men having and some roles I dont mind having as a woman. I dont feel that accepting these roles makes me any less of a modern day woman. I like to cook and well cleaning is second nature. I take pride in preparing meals for my grandad I feel if anything I am training as a housewife for when I do fine the right guy. Idk I will probably continue this blog later cause it is an interesting topic...and to think it all stemmed from my car getting fixed.

**Also I have a few words on friendships and how certain circumstances that life throws at you sometimes changes things and it shouldnt...but thats all apart of life and I will discuss that later...just wanted to touch upon the topic...

No comments:

Post a Comment